Monday, September 17, 2012

What is this all about?!?!?

     Well, blogging is completely new to me, but so are a lot of things in my life.  So, why not give it a try?  
     I taught fourth grade for four years and am now teaching third in my hometown and loving it.  I love being able to create new plans and ideas, and get a way from the same old routine that I was used to.  It is definitely stressful, and sometimes overwhelming, but I am still loving it.
     One thing I love about teaching third grade is the opportunity to plan new English and Writing lessons for my team and me.   A lot of third grade teachers, especially in Texas, struggle with planning English and Writing lessons that will prepare their students for the fourth grade Writing STAAR test....or at least that is what my wonderful new team has told me.  :)  So, as a former fourth grade teacher, I have taken on the responsibility of prepping our kids for next year.....I'm hoping it pays off.  
      I have made some lesson units, and put them on my teacher store at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Olivia-Lemons.  Feel free to check that out and share it with your friends!  :)

     Here are a few pictures of my new third grade, igloo.  :)  I absolutely love it!!
                   This is the library and lockers.  That inflatable penguin is one of my favorite things in the room....there's actually two of them.  :)
            This is the view of the front of the classroom.  I have some internet safety posters up on the blank bulletin board now.
         This is "my area".  The area by my desk, with pictures of my family and friends.  I think it's important for the kids to get to know us, as well as for us to get to know them.
This is the back of the room, with my character posters.  I have glued milk jugs around the outside of the door to form an igloo entrance.

     I would love to hear ideas from other third grade teachers through this blog.  I'm always up for a new adventure!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment